Barik Offtankby simoconfa
I will spend some words because I have seen strange built for tanking. This guide aims to do some clarification. I will propose a built for OFF Tanking mainly but do not copy blindly!
I prefer Architectonics talent because in my opinion is better than Fortify. Fortify may be in some cases better if your enemies have high damage and low mobility. For sure chose Architectonics if in your build you have high values on Healing Station and Field Deploy cards.
Some cards explanations:
- Double Time : This is the key of the build, and even after recent nerfs it is still good in concurrently with Failsafe.
- Failsafe : life safer: you may have 2 rocket boots in a row to escape from enemies. I suggest 3/5, 1/5 is not enough, 2/5 is risky;
- Healing Station : Place a turret in a safe place near the objective and keep closing without standing, protect your turret with you body, and when you pick too much damage switch back turrets (this is a good approach if you are playing as a point tank). If you are playing off tank place it behind a corner. I know it has been nerfed but we need a bit of sustain. Personally, I am still investigating this card together with Field Deploy after the nerf ;
- Combat Repair : since you stand always near turrets, why not repair them? They are often damaged indirectly by area damage (Turrets life is 1000); If an enemy targets it (unless you have 5/5 here) the turret will be destroyed, but if the enemy does not focus it, or there are no enemies around you can try repair and meanwhile self healing. A minimum of 1/5 is needed here. This card is mandatory as a point tank;
- Bowling Ball : DO NOT USE THIS CARD after the nerf (2 patches ago), it is stupid. I explain why. This card give you a temporary shield (which is wrecker sensible) and when it disappears, life given by the shield will go away. Use instead Brave and Bold which gives the same PERMANENT value and it is not wreckable.
Ingame useful perks:
Haven : Bro, you are a tank!
Blast Shields : Only if there is a powerful area damage enemy often on you;
Cauterize : Only if there is an enemy healer. In that case, if you are offtank must be first choice;
Rejuvenate : Mandatory if you have 2 healers in squad, may be a good second choice;
Master Riding : Good in long maps or if you die often.